A Selection Of Great Descriptive Essay Topics For College
Students tend to think that writing a descriptive essay is the easiest task they could be required to perform in school. This is quite right because this type of writing presupposes entailing less research. Such type of writing is more personal and largely requires that you use of your imagination and creativity.
Descriptive essays normally require creative writing, even when the topic is seemingly boring and dull initially. However, if you are given the opportunity of choosing a topic, you ought to be highly creative since 75% of your success will depend on the topic you select. Do not shy away from generic topics. Although they may require you to put some extra effort, you can be sure that your efforts will pay off as the reader will enjoy reading the essay.
Writing a descriptive essay can be a daunting task especially if you can’t seem to figure out what to write about. In case you are in search of an intriguing topic that is worth writing about, here is a selection of great descriptive essay topics for college.
- Write a descriptive paper about the most fascinating place you have ever visited with your family.
- Write a descriptive essay about your favorite spot to hangout.
- Describe the first ever moving experience in your life.
- Describe the experience you felt when learning a new language.
- Describe the feelings, sights, sounds, smells, and tastes you experienced the first time you visited a foreign country.
- Describe the feelings, atmosphere, features, sounds, smells and thoughts you experienced when you first watched a play, concert or musical at the theaters.
- Describe the feelings, sights, events, locations that were involved in your first date.
- Write a descriptive paper about the worst day in your life.
- Write a descriptive paper about a town or city that always brings special or unique feelings, sights, sounds, smells, tastes and experiences.
- Write a descriptive paper about the first time you were lost in a new town, city or village. What was going through your mind? What were you feeling, seeing, and how did you eventually find your way?
- >Describe what you felt or experienced when you met an old friend after a long time.
- Describe your first kiss.
- Describe a prominent personality who has influenced your thoughts, attitudes and perspectives about certain aspects in life.
- Describe a person you feel is weird in whatever ways you feel.
- Write a descriptive paper about the most bizarre event that has ever happened in your life.